Thursday, October 27, 2011

Walk in the Trees

I went for a walk in the trees the other day just as I had planned.  I even took my camera with me.  The trees are one of my favorite places at my parents’ house now that I’m not forced to mow around them all summer long.  I was even lucky enough to catch the last bits of fall color.


 Milo and Molly wanted to come with me, but it’s a long walk for little kitty feet and lazy dog butts.


Dad grows and sells trees – that’s why I have trees in which to walk.  Fall is prime planting season, so there are holes everywhere just waiting for me to fall in.



The oldest rows of trees are where old farm equipment goes to retire.  Those of you who grew up on farms will understand this phenomenon.




I found all sorts of retired treasures.  My favorite was a tree planter with a volunteer tree growing up in the exact spot where hundreds, if not thousands of trees would have been dropped into the ground by the planter.



 









 Eventually, I ended up near the pond (dugout, in farm speak).  Both the dock and the boat have seen better days, but they are still hanging around.



Back up at the house, I came across one of the farm’s many animal inhabitants… a wild turkey.  He scared the daylights out of me, but I still managed to get a picture of him as he ran away.

2 comments: