Friday, October 21, 2011

ABU Notebook Cover

Several weeks ago, my friend Charity asked me if I could help her make a birthday gift for her husband.  She wanted to make a cover for her husband’s not-so-lovely steno pad.  The cover was, of course, to be made of ABU fabric (what other option is there around here?).  She asked me very nicely to hold off on the blog post until after his birthday so that it could be a surprise.   It took us some folding and pinning and re-folding and re-pinning before we figured out exactly how we were going to construct the cover, but I think it turned out pretty nicely.





Charity even learned how to sew in the process.  She was a natural, and I think her seams look better than mine now!  I’ll be adding this to the ABU product line along with the much-requested apron for any of you who might be interested (after Jan 1, of course).  Now, all I have to do is order some ABU fabric so I can stop cutting up people’s old blouses and pants.

Happy late birthday Charity’s husband!!  I hope you liked your gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment