On nearly every US military base in the world, there is a building
known as ‘The Club’. The club usually
consists of at least one bar (usually two, one for officers and one for
enlisted personnel) and possibly other meeting and dinning spaces. The club at Lajes is known as the TORC (Top
of the Rock Club) and is the center of the social scene for anyone over the age
of 18. Most Friday nights, a sizeable
crowd can be found in the officer’s lounge playing a game called Crud. Crud is full-contact pool played with only two
balls and, thankfully, no pool cues. I
could bore you with all the
rules, but let’s just say it’s a pretty rough game. I usually end up covered in bruises if I play.
This past Friday night, the CGOC (Company Grade Officer’s
Club) hosted a Crud tournament. I
appointed myself tournament photographer so I had a viable reason for not
playing. Things started off on a light
note.
The competitors quickly came out to play.
The competition continued late into the night, and I
honestly have no idea who won in the end.
I’m not sure anyone knows for sure.
When I’m not taking pictures, I enjoy watching the action
from the safety of a nearby table.
Popcorn is a good addition, as is a good friend.
That looks more scary than fun. I don't blame you for volunteering to be the photographer! Holy moley!
ReplyDeleteAlso: sorry for such a delayed response on this. To get the Mil-Spouse button, go to the Mil-Spouse site and save the button on your computer under pictures or whatever (like you do for the pictures that you up-load to your posts). Then go to where you edit your blog (Design/Layout) and select to add a picture. Then upload the picture and then add the Mil-Spouse website as a link. I also deleted the text from the box so it doesn't say anything below or above the "button" on the blog. I hope this helps. I had a heck of a time myself trying to figure out how to put the "button" (since it is actually a picture and not even a button). If you have any more questions just shoot me a message and I will try to explain further or answer any questions!
ReplyDeleteHappy blogging!