Saturday, May 11, 2013

Viva Fiesta - NIOSA

A few weeks ago, I wrote about our first experience with the San Antonio tradition of Fiesta.  During the last weekend in April, we decided to try our luck again at an event called Night In Old San Antonio.  We were told to expect one food and drink booth after another with a bit of live music thrown in for good measure.

Friday after work, Chris and I, along with one of Chris's co-workers, boarded the downtown shuttle and hoped for the best.  We were not disappointed.

There were, of course, lots of people (this picture was taken around 5:30 pm, by 8 pm you could hardly walk down the street it was so crowded)...


good food from around the world (German food belongs at Fiesta, right?)...


Texans with big hats and bigger belt buckles...


Cascarones for smashing (confetti-filled eggs that I am convinced are on sale here year round)...


and general ridiculousness!


It really doesn't get any better than that!



2 comments:

  1. I just spent a couple of minutes trying to figure out how you tripped over an empty tent for a photo op ... Also, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was late and the boys are trouble makers. Happy Birthday to you too!!

    ReplyDelete