Sunday, May 26, 2013

In The Garden - Week 15

Drum roll please...


Look at all the garden goodness!!  Even Sam thinks it looks tasty.  I'm in need of good ideas for basil.  I made a huge batch of pesto last week when I picked an arm-load.  This week, I think I'll bring a bunch in to work and hope people want it.

The rest of the garden is growing like crazy too.  You like how the cucumber decided to make it's own trellis out of the fence?  It must have been feeling a little crowded.


Notes for next year - more garden space!  I don't have nearly enough room for everything I planted.  Oops! I'm making improvements here and there trying to get things to fit a little better.  I added a little trellis for my newest vines.  Hopefully, they stay small enough that this is all the help they'll need, but I'm not holding my breath.


I'm also rotating out the things that are done producing.  My cilantro went to seed and my potatoes are nearing the end of their life.  I'm thinking of moving my pepper plants into the empty space as soon as the potatoes are done for good.

The next few weeks should be interesting.  We got about 13 inches of rain Friday and Saturday (yes, you read that correctly), so everything has more than enough water to last it for a while.  All that rain made this plant happy for the first time since we planted it in December.  Guess I need to water it a little more often.


The rain, coupled with the heat forecast for next week, should make everything grow even more... just what I needed.

We discovered some fun visitors in our yard last week.


Momma bird thought the trailing petunias hanging over our back porch were the perfect place for her nest.  Dad comes to visit frequently.  From what I can tell, they are a pair House Finches.  This week, the little babies hatched.  Super-ugly.


That's all from the garden this week.  If you want to see what the garden looked like two weeks ago, read In The Garden - Week 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment