Monday, May 13, 2013

In The Garden - Week 13

I just looked at my last garden post and had to laugh a little bit at how big and fast I thought everything was growing.  What a different three weeks makes!


My tomato plants grew so much while we were on vacation last week (more on that later) that I had to trim them back to give my poor pepper plants and acorn squash a fighting chance.  Don't worry, the acorn squash are still coming along nicely, as are the peppers.


I planted a row of onions and a row of garlic right before we left.  A week later, I have nice rows of baby onions.  The garlic is moving a little more slowly, but since I pulled it directly out of the pantry and stuck it in the ground, I can't really complain.


I am most excited this week about the state of my experimental celery plant.  Check out those beautiful dark green leaves!


Celery used to be one of my favorite things to buy from the organic market in Lajes because you could use the entire plant, leaves and all, and it had such amazing flavor.  It's looking like this celery is going to be just as wonderful!

If you want to see what the garden looked like three weeks ago, read In The Garden - Week 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment