Friday, February 10, 2012

Soup’s On!

Chris and I have been sick for most of the last two weeks.  Everything started in normal fashion with Chris bringing a cold home from work.  Usually, when this happens, I make soup for a week a try not to strangle my seriously whinny husband (ladies, you know exactly what I’m talking about).  This is usually the end of things.  I am usually fortunate enough to fend off whatever little germies Chris brings home.  Not this time.  This time, I got sick too.  Me getting sick usually isn’t too big of a deal, but you try teaching a class with no voice.  It’s hard!  We have both since recovered, but my fabulous new Dutch oven sure got a workout while we were on the mend.  Here a few of the highlights of my soup cooking extravaganza!

Chicken Noodle Soup (thank you Pioneer Woman!!)


 Tomato Parmesan (I made this on the stove instead of the slow cooker and it worked just fine)


Red Pepper Tomato


French Onion


I also had several requests for the Cream of Mushroom Soup I made for Christmas.  Here’s the recipe card. 

Recipe Card-001

I got this recipe, as well as the Potato Corn Chowder recipe that follows, from a soup cooking class I took with a friend in Wichita.  We had a fantastic even learning to make soup from one of the chefs at our favorite little café.

Recipe Card

Recipe Card-002

No comments:

Post a Comment