Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Sweetheart

Those of you who have known me for any length of time know I’m pretty anti-Valentine’s Day.  It started out as a disgruntled single girl thing in high school.  By the time I had a Valentine of my own, I was totally over all the hoopla.
My husband knows me, and he knows how I feel about Valentine’s Day.  He knows I don’t want overpriced roses or candy (okay, I’ll take candy any day, so that’s not entirely true) or a cheesy Hallmark card.  So, he didn’t get me any of those things yesterday (except the candy, because he knows that chocolate equals brownie points).

I came home from teaching (that’s another post I just haven’t gotten around to lately) to a completely clean house and an adorable homemade card that included a mathematical proof that we belong together.  And chocolate.  He had also sent me an e-mail telling me that he would make dinner for me while I had evening office hours for my class.


When I came home from office hours, the table was set, food was prepared and he was dressed up in a nice shirt and pants.  We enjoyed a wonderful dinner, shared a bottle of wine and watched a movie.


Do I have a great husband or what?  He knew just what would make my day – a clean house, a good meal, and some snuggle time while watching a movie.  And chocolate.

Top it all off… he brought  me lunch after my class today.  He’s going to spoil me :).

2 comments:

  1. He's adorable! You two look too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fabulous! I'm glad y'all had a great Valentine's Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete