Saturday, July 9, 2011

Where did June go?

While I was writing frantically about all of our vacation adventures, the entire month of June sped by. Here’s what I’ve been up to:

Touring the island caves and sulfur pits with the Girl Scouts

Celebrating Lindsey’s birthday with a ladies' wine night
Here's a link to the delicious Rasberry Chocolate Torte I made for her birthday cake.

Taking in a bull fight on the beach in Praia
These street bull fights are usually very fun to watch, but these bulls weren’t very feisty, and the crowd was doing nothing to egg them on. We left after the second bull.

Finding a hedgehog in the back yard
This one got the puppies really excited.

 Enjoying the beautiful flowers blooming in my yard (and on the rest of the island)

Going on a walking tour of Praia
Kudos to Outdoor Rec for a great morning!

Painting our bedroom a lovely shade of green

Making ice cream cake
Oreo and hot fudge crust with vanilla, chocolate, and butter pecan ice cream; Oreo, hot fudge and toffee between the layers; topped with whipped cream and hot fudge.  It's really good for you.  I promise :)

Taking the puppies to the dog park

Making homemade pizza
I had a bunch of friends over from the CE squadron and made four different kinds of pizza: pepperoni, tomato-basil, red pepper-onion-mushroom, and Thai chicken.  All of the pizza sauce was courtesy of Lindsey’s simple and delicious marinara recipe.  Two of the pizzas had plain homemade crust and two had homemade crust with sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and rosemary.  They were all amazing!

Solving a murder on the prairie with the rest of the ladies from the spouses club
Way to go Jacki and the rest of the planners – this was a great event!

Enjoying Mediterranean night
Lindsey made baklava, Jacki made meatballs, and I made humus.  All the food was excellent, but nothing beats baklava!

Chewing on rocks in the yard
That was Roxie, not me.  She was trying to get a little lizard to come out of the rock so she could chase it.

And… you’ll have to wait until the next post for the final event of June. I’m going to be welcoming my wonderful friend and fellow blogger Lindsey over to guest blog about an exciting event in both of our lives! If you've been paying attention, it will come to no surprise that there's food involved.  Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! All that food made me want to have a party, so I can make these recipes and not feel like a pig. haha!

    So glad you have an awesome group of women to hang out with. Looks like you have been staying super busy.

    ReplyDelete