Tuesday, January 7, 2014

P52 - Reflective - 1/52

I have been taking pictures for years.  I got my first camera of my own sometime in the 6th grade, bought my first SLR film camera when I was in college, and upgraded to a digital SLR just a few short years later.  I see light and pictures everywhere I look, but I'm not very good at actually taking the time to capture what I see in my every day life.  Big events, trips, etc. - you bet.  Beautiful sunlight in my living room - not so much.

Enter a good friend and her recommendation of a book called A Year of Mornings: 3191 Miles Apart. In which, two friends living on opposite sides of the country take a picture of their respective mornings every day for a year.  The images in the book are stunning.  The same friend that recommended the book asked if I wanted to try something similar.  After much discussion, we decided that a year of mornings for us would look like 365 pictures of travel coffee mugs and crumbs on a keyboard.  True, but not exactly inspiring for either of us, so we settled on once-per-week project sponsored by My Four Hens Photography.  Every week, we get a new theme and have one week to take and post an image to the group's page on Flickr.

Below is my first photo for the year.  Theme:  Reflective  


4 comments:

  1. Love it. And looking forward to the next 51!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your description of what a year of mornings would have looked like for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely beautiful picture. Mom

    ReplyDelete