Saturday, January 11, 2014

Belated Christmas Visitors

Due to a summons for jury duty, my parents weren't able to come for a visit in November this year like they had originally planned.  They ended up here on New Years Day instead, ready for a slightly belated Christmas celebration.  This time, instead of us being the floating heads on the computer, my brother and his family got to play that role.  It was great to get to have an actual Christmas with the family even if it was a few days late.

Friday, we took advantage of the beautiful Texas winter weather to do some local sightseeing.  We spent a day in Fredericksburg browsing cute little shops up and down Main Street.


We stopped for fudge,


for beer tasting (I was they only person who actually liked the beer - more for me I guess!),


for several beautiful, historic buildings,


and for more than a few interesting home decor items (yes, they are real).


Then, we hit the road for a few wine tastings and the local wineries.  Again, I was a fan of nearly all the wines, while everyone else could have done without.



Saturday, we made a stop at Fort Sam Houston.  After a failed attempt at finding the location of the historic commanders' homes back in September, we made sure we had good directions before we got to the front gate.  This time, we found the houses with no problems, and they were every bit as beautiful as we expected.  Trust me, base housing only looks like this for a VERY select few.


We finished out our Saturday with a leisurely walk though the San Antonio Botanical Gardens.



Sunday and Monday were spent inside watching football and sewing me a new pair of dress pants before Mom and Dad had to hit the road back to South Dakota on Tuesday morning.

There are lots more pictures from our weekend excursions here.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you put the A or C on the pictures. Some day I will ask you how to do that. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can show you - it's pretty easy!

    ReplyDelete