Thursday, August 22, 2013

3 Years Later

Three years ago today, I hit "publish" on my very first blog post.  We were a week away from starting our four day odyssey to Lajes Field.  We had no idea how much two years on a little rock in the Atlantic would change us, our priorities, our world view, our lives.  Even now, nearly a year after leaving, I miss my friends and the tight-knit community we were blessed to be a part of.  Some days life in Texas gets the best of me, and I wish we were back on the island getting ready for another dinner party or a bonfire with our friends.  But going back now wouldn't be the same.  It is the people, forever frozen in my memories against the backdrop of such a beautiful place, that hold a special place in my heart and always will.

Our Life in Lajes

No comments:

Post a Comment