It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything, so I thought I should fill you all in on how things have been going. In a word… slowly. Very, very slowly.
I wrote about our initial journey in this post. Since then, we've found a house and negotiated all the nitty-gritty details of the contract. We are scheduled to close on Monday. Keep your fingers crossed that nothing changes that date! I’ll post pictures of the house once we are actually the owners. We have attempted to schedule our various shipments for next week as well, but in typical military-move fashion, nothing is working out as we had hoped. We will be able to get our unaccompanied baggage next week, so we’ll have a vacuum, one bicycle, a TV and some clothes. However, our main household goods shipment was held up in customs, so we may no see that shipment (or our bed) for at least two weeks. Yippee!! We have also been unsuccessful in scheduling the delivery of the items we put in storage when we moved to Lajes. As of today, they will be picked up from storage on the 18th and delivered in 2-14 days. Really… 2-14 days, that’s the best you can do? At least I have the internet installation scheduled for Tuesday!
Since we knew there would be a big time lag between finding a house and actually being able to move in, we scheduled a trip back to South Dakota and Nebraska to see our families. I wrote about that trip here. It was great to see our family, and I was thankful to not have to spend those 10 days in a hotel.
Almost immediately upon our arrival home from South Dakota, we found out our car had arrived in Dallas. We flew up to Thursday morning and drove it home Thursday afternoon. We were lucky enough to meet my cousin Amy and her family for lunch. Thanks Brown family for being our taxi service! It was great to see you guys. We also purchased a new-to-us car a few days after our arrival. We are now the proud owners of a 2010 Toyota Prius. We love the car and the 51 mpg we've been averaging!
We were also lucky enough to spend the last three days with my aunt and uncle from Denver. I haven’t seen them since I tagged along with them to Hawaii last December. My uncle was in town for a conference, so I spent the afternoons with my aunt strolling along the River Walk.
And that takes me to today. Despite a long list of things I need to blog about, I’m really, really bored… Sam agrees whole-heartedly with that last part.
Maybe we’ll go to the dog park again this afternoon. Or, maybe not. It’s awfully hot and humid out right now. Story of our new life.
No comments:
Post a Comment