I was asked to shift to the Atlanta Midtown office for most of the summer, and it was pretty awesome. Not only were my coworkers a blast to work with, but I had free weekends to explore the city. I also got to walk to work every day. That might have been the best part.
So... here's a run-down of my adventures in Atlanta.
Piedmont Park - located a half-mile from my hotel. A perfect place for a jog or a trip to the farmer's market. The Midtown office even recruited me to play kickball in the park once a week.

The Biltmore Hotel - Home to the Kimley-Horn Midtown office. Such a cool old building.
Sweet Water Brewery - One of my many adventures with the always fabulous Kate.
Anlsey Park - A rediculously wealthy neighborhood between my hotel and Piedmont Park. I became a runner for a few months because this neighborhood and the Park were such a treat to spend time in.
Atlanta Botanical Gardens - Located in Piedmont Park and home to Thursday night parties in the Garden.
The High Museum of Art - Thanks to the Blue Star Museums program, I spent A LOT of time here - for free. You may have also seen the exterior in Week 36 - Shapes. Atlanta attractions also featured in Weeks 26, 28, and 29.
Georgia Aquarium - Probably my favorite attraction after Piedmont Park. I could have watched the Wale Sharks All. Day. Long. And... I kind of did.
Centennial Olympic Park - Not all that interesting, but I was in the neighborhood.
Music Midtown - A two day music festival featuring John Mayer, Third Eye Blind, Lorde, Batsille, Eminem, Zac Brown Band, and many, many other artists. My farewell to Atlanta, Piedmont Park, and Kate!












No comments:
Post a Comment