Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I AM Ironman... again

Last night, after the longest run of my life (seriously), I finished my Ironman March goal.  I'd love to show you the awesome screen capture of mile 4.12, but my milage counter decided to take a pause after mile 3, so this will have to do.


Or maybe this would be better.  Not quite the victorious finish I was hoping for...


Either way, I made it to the finish line: 26.2 miles of running, 112 miles of biking, and 2.4 miles of swimming DONE!!

I've learned two very important lessons this month:  That I STILL hate running, and that work really gets in the way of the rest of the things I'd like to do with my life.  Things like taking long bike rides on beautiful days, swimming in an emtpy pool, and grocery shopping on a Tuesday afternoon.  The simple things.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment