I met Lauren my first day of college in Lincoln, NE more than ten years ago (wow, we were young!).
And, while we haven't spent much time on the same continent since we graduated, we have remained good friends. I visited Lauren in Colombia almost two years ago, and she was able to squeeze in a visit to see me while home for the summer.
I met Lindsey at Lajes almost three years ago at the Spouses Club weekly coffee (where we were the only attendees). We spent the next eight months hosting dinner parties, blogging, leading book club, and generally having a good time on The Rock.
Eventually, she moved to Germany... lucky girl! She is now in the processing of moving back to California and was nice enough to work a week in San Antonio into her plans!
Lauren flew in on Friday afternoon and we spent the afternoon relaxing at the house before heading out for an evening on the Riverwalk.
Lindsey flew in late on Friday night, so late in fact, that Lauren had already called it a night in preparation for her early wake-up on Saturday morning. While I was at the airport picking up Lindsey, Chris returned home from two months in Alabama. So, I went from a completely empty house to a completely full one in under twelve hours! Also, I have the most wonderful and understanding husband in the whole world.
Lauren spent the weekend at an aerobics instructor certification course, and Lindsey and I visited the farmers market, cooked up a storm, and caught up on each other's lives. In the evenings we all hung out, watching movies and playing board games.
Bright and early Monday morning, Lauren headed back to Nebraska, and Chris and I headed to work. Lindsey spent the week at a workshop for elementary school teachers. It was great having someone to share my commute. I took the day off on Friday so that Lindsey and I could take a trip to San Antonio Botanical Gardens (more on that here).
Our day out also included a stop at my favorite mission, Mission San Jose.
We wrapped up the week with a fun night out on the town that included dinner at a fantastic restaurant on the River Walk and some late-night fun at Howl at the Moon dueling piano bar. Lindsey thought it would be fun to write something on the "Phrase of the Night" board. They almost got the spelling right.
Saturday afternoon, Lindsey headed home too. It's back to normal around here again. Thank you ladies for coming to see me. It was a blast!!
No comments:
Post a Comment