Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!  I hope you had a wonderful day filled with family, friends, and lots of good food!!

We were not able to make the trip home for Thanksgiving this year (check out this post just in case you missed the craziness that was last year), so we held our own Thanksgiving celebration.  We invited two other Air Force guys that were stuck in San Antonio over the holiday to join us for dinner and some football.


The Air Force makes you good at creating your own little 'family' gatherings, and let's be honest, I'll find any excuse I can to cook!  I made a small feast that Chris and I will be enjoying for the next week or so.




Here was the menu:

Turkey (of course!) - roasted with salt, pepper, and olive oil.  That's it.  Nothing fancy.
Sweet potato casserole - I may have made a double batch.
Green bean casserole - I substituted French fried onions for the crackers.  I suggest you do the same.
Garlic mashed potatoes - I use red potatoes and leave the skin on.  Yum!
Cranberry Sauce - Follow the suggestion to add Grand Marinier
Pumpkin Pie - Right off the pumpkin can.
Rolls, Cheese, Beer and Wine - Thanks to our guests!

3 comments:

  1. I use to make that same Green Bean casserole- I liked it way better than the cream of mushroom recipes! And I do our turkey the same way. It all looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Green Bean casserole was the biggest hit. I will always make it this way from now on!

      Delete