As I mentioned before, I spent all of last week deciding what we can and can’t live without for two months. All the goodies we didn’t want packed were stored in a closet in the garage and in a room upstairs.
If you don’t hide what you want to keep, it WILL get packed. Everyone has a story about moving a full trash can of garbage or the last of the baby diapers because they didn’t hide them from the packers.
For about six hours on Monday and three hours on Tuesday, the movers packed up all our worldly possessions and loaded them into eight shipping crates.
Chris and I supervised while trying not go crazy. Watching people pack your things is REALLY boring, but you have to be there so no one runs off with your boxes. The pups thought it was pretty boring too, especially because they were banished to the back yard both days.
Hard to believe in a month we will be boarding a plane bound for the good old US of A. Better get out there and enjoy the island while we still can!
No comments:
Post a Comment