My, how time flies when you actually have a job to keep you busy again! That’s right folks, I actually have a job. After nearly a year of paperwork and waiting, I finally started teaching a college algebra class for the University of Maryland University College. And, because I’m such a slacker at posting, I’ve actually started and finished an entire term already. Turns out teaching a class for the first time is a LOT of work – much more than I expected. Term number two starts today and lasts for the next seven weeks. Hopefully, this time around will be a little easier on me!
Now that I've told you my reason for not posting, let me fill you in on what we’ve been up to for the last month:
2012 marks the 100th anniversary of Girl Scouts. To celebrate, the base Girl Scout council held a weekend of events. I volunteered to help cook lasagna for 60 girls and their families on a Saturday night.
Thanks to lovely decorations and what I like to think was good food, we had a great evening.
My friend, and professional Girl Scout, Taryn flew in from Italy with her boss for the celebration. We took them hiking Sunday morning so they could see a little more of the island.
The next weekend, we hosted a going-away dinner for two of our good friends, Jacki and her husband B.
Jacki and I had a slight mishap with the bread. We put our husbands to work cutting off the burnt parts, and everything turned out okay.
It was a sad to have to go to the gym without Jacki for the first time today. I am really going to miss having her around.
The good news is, we’ll be moving to her hometown of San Antonio later this fall. After several months of not-so-patient waiting, we finally got our next assignment. Lackland AFB, here we come. All the details are yet to be worked out, but at least we know where we’re going!
We wrapped up the last month with a two-week trip to Italy and France! More to come on that later. For now, I’ll leave you with a picture of our favorite airport - Lisbon.
No comments:
Post a Comment