That’s about it for the last two months. Enjoy the pictures of our little slice of paradise.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Island Happenings (Feb and March)
In addition to finally finishing up the entries for our vacation, I wanted to get everyone caught up on what has been happening on the island for the last couple of months. So, here’s the summary and a couple of pictures. There is a whole album of new island pics in the picture tab.
February: We attend the Spouses Club Sock Hop complete with a new dress for me and super-cool rolled up jeans for Chris. We find out Chris is going to deploy to Iraq for 6 months.
March: Chris goes from deploying to Iraq for 6 months to deploying to Afghanistan for a year. We spend two weeks exploring the island and hanging out with our friends in preparation for his departure. We attend an awesome toga party for Chris’ First Sergeant – she’s the best! Chris’ deployment gets cancelled!! We are cautiously optimistic that the cancellation will stick. Laura, Stevi and I go hiking on Mt. Brazil because we are all at home bored all day. We find out that Chris will be going to Afghanistan for 6 months after all. I am more than slightly disturbed that I’m happy about this outcome. Something is wrong with me. I volunteer to be the treasurer for the Girl Scout troops on base – again I think something is wrong with me – since when do I do small children? We start planning for our next vacation to Germany, France, Belgium and the Netherlands.
Labels:
island life,
Lajes,
military life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment