Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year 2011!! I know I’m a few days late… sue me. We still haven’t written a Christmas letter either. Someone with some free time should really get on that. Oh wait, that would be me!

New Years’ Day came and went this year with more than our normal amount of celebration. We actually went out *gasp*. Granted, it was to the base club, but it was out of the house - that’s what matters. We got all dressed up (although almost no one else did) and met our friends for a night of trying to dance to a local band (fail) and waiting for midnight to finally come. We stepped out onto the back patio of the club to watch the fireworks display in Paria. We couldn’t see much due to a hill that was in the way, but we got a few bursts of color. Shortly after midnight, we were at home and ready for bed. Kind of pathetic, but we were tired.

We kicked off New Year’s Day by watching our friends jump into one of the local swimming holes for the 2nd annual Lajes Field Polar Bear swim. I suppose if you were going to jump into the water on January 1st, this would be the place to do it. In total, 3 of our friends were crazy enough to jump. Steve certainly had the most flair (see the mask and snorkel in the picture).

Now it’s back to Chris actually having to be at work every day again, and I’m planning diligently for our Mediterranean cruise. I’ve already gotten tons of great suggestions from people, but if you have any more to offer, we will be in Barcelona, Rome, Athens, Izmur (Turkey), Cairo (Egypt), and Malta. More new pictures are up. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment