All right folks! The "every day is totally new and picture-worthy" stage of our move is officially over. Because it's been almost a month since I've had a crazy adventure to post about, I figure I can talk about whatever I want to now :). For those of you who have been impressed with the quality writing I’ve produced thus far (all 2 of you), you may want to stop reading.
Our furniture finally came about a week and a half ago. I've spent most of the time since then unpacking and trying to fit all of our junk into various closets around the house. Let's just say I really miss our huge master bedroom closet in Wichita! It’s almost all put away, except the bathroom, the office, and Chris’ side of the closet. That’s his problem… not mine.
In addition to unpacking, I've been channeling my inner '50's housewife and donning my frilly apron for lots of baking, dinner making, and cleaning. Seriously, I did all three this afternoon while wearing my apron (It's practical - don't knock it). I stopped after I finished Swiffer/mopping our tile floors and just rolled my eyes at myself. Then the timer went off, and I ran to pull the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies out of the oven.
Once I get everything put away, and our house isn’t a maze of boxes anymore, I’ll put up some pictures of the inside. I’ve gotten a couple requests for inside pictures, but we just aren’t there yet.
In other news, I’m thinking about planning our first big trip off the island. I posted on Facebook for suggestions, but if anyone has any ideas for places (in Europe – no, Kansas and South Dakota don’t count) that would be good to visit between now and the first of the year, let me know!
Until next time…
whew! thought we lost you in the packing paper! Can't wait to see the inside of your house.. LOVE the views from the outside...
ReplyDeleteI miss you so much!!! Glad everything is going well. I need to track down your email and write! We are having a girls night soon. I need to make sure Amanda has skype and a webcam! Talk soon! Gotta get back to my planting before the sun goes down!
ReplyDeleteAs you bask in your beautiful sunny island weather, I thought I would give you a reality check--there were snow flurries in South Dakota today!
ReplyDeletePlanning trips already?! haha. I have heard that Slovenia is amazing, and a lot of people have loved it. Obviously, avoid France at the moment. I also know a lot of the military spouses stationed in Germany loving going to Poland and getting the cheap pottery.
ReplyDelete